Questions You should Know the Answers To
(From CWG, Book 1)
Below are questions that you should know the answers to. These questions and answers are taken chapter by chapter from CWG, Book 1. The answers to all these questions can also be found in the book as the page numbers are included with each question.
Questions and Answers – Chapter 1
1. How does God communicate with us? Page 2
Through deepest feelings
Through thought (Images & and pictures)
2. Which of these is the least effective way God communicates with us & why? Page 3
Because words are most open to misinterpretation and are most often misunderstood.
3. How can you tell the difference between messages from God and data from other sources? Page 4
It is your Highest Thought which always contains joy.
It is the Clearest Words which contain truth.
It is the Grandest Feeling that you call love.
4. What is the “correct” way to pray to God? Page 11 to 13
Prayer is a statement of thanksgiving. It is not a request at all, but a statement of gratitude for what is so.
5. What are the only two emotions that every human thought and every human actions is based in? Page 15 to 19
Love or Fear
6. What is the deepest secret of life? Page 20 to 25
That life is not a process of discovery, but a process of creation. That you are here to remember and re-create Who You Are.
7. What is “duality”?
Duality is the concept that there are too sides. You cannot have “up” without “down”, “left” with out “right” “good” without “evil”, etc.
8. According to God, what is the correct way to think and act when you see “bad” things happen in this world? Page 32 & 33
Read starting with “Your question” on page 32 (middle of page) and read to “hidden a treasure” on page 33 (middle of page).
9. According to God, what is the correct way to think and act when something “bad” happens to you? Page 35 to 38
Read page 35 to page 38.
10. What is “hell”? Page 40
Read page 40.
11. How can you find out about the laws of the universe and how to live your life? Page 44
By going within. Read top of page 44.
12. What is the “grandest teaching of Christ”? Page 52
Read bottom of page 52.
13. What are the three Laws of God? Page 52 to 58
1. That you can be, do, and have whatever you can imagine.
2. That you attract what you fear.
3. That love is all there is.
Questions and Answers – Chapter 2
1. Why does God love Evil? Page 61
Because it is only that which you call evil that you can know good; only through that which you call the work of the devil that you can know and do the work of God.
2. What is god’s desire? Page 65
To know and experience himself (herself)
That you shall know and experience Who You Really Are, through the power I have given you to create and experience yourself in whatever way you choose.
For the whole life process to be an experience of constant joy, continuous
creation, never-ending expansion, and total fulfillment in each moment of now.
3. What are the 5 Attitudes of God? Page 66
Totally joyful, loving, accepting, blessing, and grateful
Questions and Answers – Chapter 3
1. What are the three levels of creation? Page 74
Thought, Word, Action
2. What is the way God says is the way to change your life? Page 77 & 78
Go first to your Highest thought about yourself. Imagine the you that you would be if you lived that thought every day. Imagine what you would think, do, and say, and how you would respond to what others do and say.
When you have a thought that is not in alignment with your highest vision, change to a new thought, then and there. When you say a thing is out of alignment with your grandest idea, make a note not to say something like that again. When you do a thing that is misaligned with your best intention, decide to make that the last time. And make it right with whomever was involved if you can.
The first thing to understand about the universe is that no condition is “good” or “bad.” It just is. So stop making value judgments.
The second thing to know is that all conditions are temporary. Nothing remains the same, nothing remains static. Which way a thing changes depends on you.
3. What is the greatest gift you can give the dying? Page 81
Let them die in peace – not thinking that they must “hang on” or continue to suffer, or worry about you at this most crucial passage in their life.
4. What is the highest feeling? Page 85
The highest feeling is perfect love. Your soul seeks the highest feeling. It seeks to experience – to be – perfect love. It is perfect love – and it knows this. Yet it wishes to do more than know it. It wishes to be it in its experience.
5. What is the fastest way to “get better”? Page 86 & 87
Acceptance of Who and What You Are right now – and demonstration of that.
This is what Jesus did and every master who has appeared on this planet.
You are goodness and mercy and compassion and understanding. You are peace and joy and light. You are forgiveness and patience, strength and courage, a helper in time of need, a comforter in time of sorrow, a healer in time of injury, and a teacher in times of confusion. You are the deepest wisdom and the highest truth; the greatest peace and the grandest love. You are these things. And in moments of your life you have known yourself as these things.
Choose now to know yourself as these things always.
Questions and Answers – Chapter 4
1. What are the 10 steps for you to create your life? Page 91 & 92
2. How can you put these steps into practice? Page 92 & 93
By becoming very clear about what you want and think about nothing else. When your thoughts are clear and steadfast, begin to speak them as truths. Say them out loud. Use the command that calls forth creative power: I am. Make “I am” statements to others. “I am” is the strongest creative statement in the universe. Whatever you think, whatever you say after the words “I am” sets into motion those experiences, calls them forth, brings them to you.
There is no other way the universe knows how to work. There is no other route it knows to take. The universe responds to “I am” as would a genie in a bottle.
Questions and Answers – Chapter 5
1. What does God say about the 10 Commandments? Pages 95-97
That they are not commandments, but covenants. He renames them
The 10 Commitments and that you will know when you have “found God” because these will be the signs. Read the first line of these 10.
2. What does God say about passion? Page 101
Passion is the love of turning being into action. It fuels the engine of creation. It changes concepts to experience. Passion is the fire that drives us to express who we really are. Do not deny passion. Just deny attachment to results. Passion is a love of doing. Doing is being, experienced. Yet what is often created as part of doing? Expectation. To live your life without expectation – without the need for specific results – that is freedom. That is Godliness.
3. Explain “what you resist persists” Page 102 -103
The act of resisting a thing is the act of granting it life. What you open your eyes and look at disappears. If you look at something – truly look at it – you will see right through it, and right through any illusion it holds for you. You see the truth of it, and the truth sets you free.
4. What is the “point of life”? Page 104
The point of life is not to get anywhere – it is to notice that you are, and have always been, already there. You are, always and forever, in the moment of pure creation. The point of life is therefore to create – who and what you are, and then to experience that.
Questions and Answers – Chapter 6
1. What does God say when Neale questions whether God is really talking to him and not his overacting imagination? Page 108
What difference does it make? Even if everything I’ve said is “wrong,” can you think of a better way to live?
Questions and Answers – Chapter 7
1. What do you see your life being about? Page 111
The answer is for you to answer about yourself.
2. What does “being at the spiritual game,” mean? Page 113
It means dedication you whole mind, your whole body, your whole soul to the process of crating Self in the image and likeness of God. This is a day-to-day, hour-to-hour, moment-to-moment act of supreme consciousness. It is a choosing and re-choosing every instant. It is ongoing creation. Conscious creation. Creation with a purpose. It is using the tools of creation we have discussed, and using them with awareness and sublime intention.
3. What is your “job” concerning your children according to God? Page 114
Your job is to render them independent; to teach them as quickly and completely as possible “how to get along without you.” For you are no blessing to them so long as they need you to survive, but bless them truly only in the moment they realize you are unnecessary.
4. Read out loud the Italics starting with “A true master at the bottom of page 114 and at the top of page 115.
5. How does God interact with you and what does He want for you? Page 117-118
I want for you what you want for you. Nothing more, nothing less. I don’t sit here and make a judgment, request by request, whether something should be granted you. My law is the law of cause and effect, not the law of We’ll See. There is nothing you can’t have if you choose it. Even before you ask, I will have given it to you.
You always get what you create, and you are always creating. My job as God, is to always give you that opportunity. Your life is always a result of your thoughts about it – including your obviously creative though that you seldom get what you choose.
6. How can you undo the “negative” ideas you may have picked up during your life? Page 120
By reading and rereading this book.
Questions and Answers – Chapter 8
1. What are relationships used for according to God? Page 121
Relationships can be used, must be used, are being used (whether you want them to be or not) to construct Who You Really Are.
2. Why do human love relationships fail according to God? Page 122
Most people enter into relationships with an eye toward what they can get out of them, rather than what they can put into them.
3. What is the purpose of love relationships? Page 122 – 124
The purpose of a relationship is to decide what part of yourself you’d like to see “show up,” not what part of another you can capture and hold. There can be only one purpose for relationships – and for all for life: To be and to decide Who You Really Are. And the purpose of relationships is not to have another who might complete you; but to have another with whom you might share your completeness. Let each person in relationship worry not about the other, but only, only about Self.
4. What question do Masters always ask and what is always their answer? Page 129-130
What is the “highest choice”? The “highest choice” is answering the question “What would love do now?” No other question is relevant, no other question is meaningful, no other question has any importance to your soul.
5. Give an example of what it means “There are times when you may have to give up
Who You Are in order to be Who You Are.” Page 133
Sometimes man must go to war to make the grandest statement about who man truly is: He who abhors war. Thus, in order to “have” yourself as a man of peace, you may have to give up the idea of yourself as a man who never goes to war.
6. Read the entire page starting at the top of Page 141 on entering into relationships.
Questions and Answers – Chapter 9
1. Read from Page 155 at the middle of the page starting with “Who do you think you are, anyway?” and end on page 156 at “ That’s a great sign.”
Questions and Answers – Chapter 10
1. Reread the entire chapter.
Questions and Answers – Chapter 11
1. How can you change the way you think? Page 164
First comes thought; the formative idea; the initial concept. Then comes the word. Most thoughts ultimately form themselves into words, which are often then written or spoken. This gives added energy to the thought, pushing it out into the world, where it can be noticed by others. Finally, in some cases words are put into action, and you have what you call a result; a physical world manifestation of what all started with a thought. Everything around you in your man made world came into being in this way – or some variation of it. All three creation centers were used. But now comes the question: How to change a Sponsoring Thought? The most rapid way to change a root thought, or sponsoring idea, is to reverse the thought-word-deed process. Do the deed that you want to have a new thought about. Then say the words that you want to have your new thought about. Do this often enough and you’ll train the mind to think a new way.
Questions and Answers – Chapter 12
1. Explain “Doing” vs. “Being” Page 170 & Page 172 (at the bottom)
Doing is a function of the body. Being is a function of the soul. The body is always doing something. It’s either doing what it’s doing at the behest of the soul – or in spite of the soul. The soul is forever being. It is being what it is being, regardless of what the body is doing, not because of what it’s doing. Your soul doesn’t care what you do for a living – and when your life is over, neither will you. Your soul cares only about what you’re being while you’re doing whatever you’re doing. Beingness attracts beingness, and produces experience. You are not on this planet to produce anything with your body. You are on this planet to produce something with your soul. Your body is simply and merely the tool of your soul. Your mind is the power that makes the body go.
2. What are some of the things you can choose to “be” ? Page 171
You can choose to be whatever you want to be. Happy. Sad. Weak. Strong. Joyful. Vengeful. Insightful. Blind. Good. Bad. You name it.
3. Read the paragraph starting with “Do I understand on page 176
4. Explain the problem with using the word “want” Page 176 to 178
When you say that you want something, it means that you will get want you say which is the wanting of it. Saying that you want something doesn’t get you what it is you are saying you want.
5. Explain how “affirmations” work. Page 180
Affirmations do not work if they are merely statements of what you want to be true. Affirmations work only when they are statements of something you already know to be true. The best affirmation is a statement of gratitude and appreciation. “Thank you, God, for bringing me success in my life.” Now, that idea, thought, spoken, and acted upon, produces wonderful results – when it comes from true knowing; not from an attempt to produce results, but from an awareness that results have already been produced. If, now, there is something you choose to experience in your life, do not “want” it – choose it.
Questions and Answers – Chapter 13
1. What are the two worst forms of mental activity? Page 188
Worry is just about the worst form of mental activity there is – next to hate, which is deeply self-destructive. Worry is pointless. It is wasted energy. It creates biochemical reactions, which harm the body, producing everything from indigestion to coronary arrest, and a multitude of things in between. Worry is the activity of a mind, which does not understand its connection with Me. Hatred is the most severely damaging mental condition. It poisons the body, and its effects are virtually irreversible. Fear is the opposite of everything you are, and so has an effect of opposition to your mental and physical health. Fear is worry magnified.
2. What does God say about health? Page 188 – 189
Nothing occurs in your life – nothing – which is not first a thought. Thoughts are like magnets, drawing effect to you. The thought may not be always be obvious, and thus clearly causative, as in, “I’m going to contract a terrible disease.” The thought may be (and usually is) far more subtle than that. (“I am a loser.”) (“My life is always a mess.”) (“I am a loser.”) (“I am sick and tired of my life!”) Thoughts are a very subtle, yet extremely powerful, form of energy. Words are less subtle, more dense. Actions are the most dense of all. Action is energy in heavy physical, in heavy motion. When you think, say, and act out a negative concept such as “I am a loser,” you place tremendous creative energy into motion.
3. How does God say to take care of your body? Page 190-191
Get regular checkups
Use the therapies and medicines that the doctor recommends
Nourish your body properly
Do not fill your body with toxins and poisons posing as food
Do not smoke anything
Do not take alcohol into your body. It impairs the mind as does drugs.
Questions and Answers – Chapter 14
1. What does God say about sex? Read Page 205-208